Fire Door Inspection Software
The Life Safety Inspector App simplifies fire door (NFPA 80) inspections.
- Better, easier and faster than fillable PDF’s. New doors may be added, and doors marked “out of service” removed, as the inspection is performed
- Inspections performed on a phone that fits in a pocket keeps an inspector’s hands free
- Door inspection results and deficiencies are quickly reviewed in near real-time on the Life Safety Dashboard
- Optional barcodes are quickly read using the phone’s camera to identify a door – without any extra cost for the scans!
- A record of rating labels may be kept through pictures taken with the phone
- Monthly inspections are organized in the order best performed
- Doors are placed into areas for more efficient inspections and easier to understand reports
- Deficiencies are documented with notes and pictures that are helpful to repair crews
Fire compartmentalization through fire walls, fire doors and fire dampers is crucial to the safety of building occupants. Building safety depends on fires not spreading from one area to another. Minimizing the liability of building owners and ensuring the safety of its people requires proof that damper inspections were done and any needed repairs made.
Fire door inspections are most often done in large facilities, including manufacturing and industrial locations, as well as hospitals and university campuses. When done monthly, it’s key to have the inspector efficiently and accurately perform the inspection. Organizing fire doors in the order most efficiently performed helps and when a typical route may not be done, placing doors into areas avoids missing a door inspection.
When a deficiency is found, a picture documents this and is helpful to pass on to the repair crew, ensuring repairs are done quickly, correctly and cost-effectively.