Fire Damper Inspection Software
The Life Safety Inspector App (LSI) sets the standard for fire damper inspections. A picture IS worth a thousand words. Recent smart phone cameras easily take photos up close, in low light areas. Damper pictures in the open and closed position are quickly added to the report in the field and manufacturers plate and access condition photos may be added too. All reports are completed in the field, avoiding the work and time-suck of assembling them in the office from field notes and a folder of pictures.
- Inspections done right from your Apple or Android phone, which easily fits in a pocket as the inspection is performed
- Pictures of damper in the open and closed position completed for the report in the field
- Pictures of manufacturer’s label for make, model, size and year are all easily added
- Pictures of field conditions and access panels add detail
- Optional use of barcodes avoids ladders at every inspection – at no extra cost
- Carry forward and view notes and information from prior inspections
Fire compartmentalization through fire walls, fire doors and fire dampers is crucial to the safety of building occupants. Building safety depends on fires not spreading from one area to another. Proving damper inspections were done is required to minimize liability of building owners.
Fire damper inspections are especially challenging as they are typically performed every 4 years or more. New construction since the last fire damper inspection can make access to the damper difficult. New access panel cut-ins could be required.
Building and fire safety managers often require pictures of the damper in the open and closed position to confirm that the inspections were done. Additional photos showing the access method may be needed as well. These pictures allow safety auditors to feel confident that inspections were done and the fire dampers will operate if needed.
Field conditions can make access to the fire dampers difficult. If additional access panels must be installed, pictures of the damper area are key to show the details to the installing crew.
The Life Safety Inspector App saves time, money and hassle. Preventing mistakes by creating the reports in the field and avoiding the need to assemble them in the office from a folder of field photos and notes. The report is ready and the information near-real time and so may be reviewed in the office as the inspection is performed.